Berkshire Carers Services
Berkshire Carers Service provides free information and support for people of all ages who provide unpaid care to a member of their family, partner, friend or neighbour. This could be owing to physical or mental illness, disability or addiction and take the form of practical help or emotional support.
Our web site is www.berkshirecarers.org/
Would you like help to:
· Improve your general health and wellbeing
· Reduce feelings of isolation
· Discover local self-help groups, clubs and befriending agencies
· Volunteer your own time and experiences
· Find bereavement support
· Access social groups and parenting classes
· Explore support for housing, employment, benefits, debt & legal advice
· Become more active
· Get involved in your local community
This help is now available through the Social Prescriber at our surgery.
Social prescribing is a way of working with people in a holistic way to address their non-medical needs and enable them to take greater control of their health and well-being. It’s about recognising that non-clinical issues can affect people’s physical health.
By supporting people to improve their own health and well-being it can reduce the NHS demand and offer support to other local services.
To ask for help or for more information, please contact the surgery