Please note for those patients who are booked into the Flu Clinic for Saturday 16th October 2021, for the '50 - 64 Healthy' cohort and '18 - 64 At Risk' cohort, it will be at Mortimer Surgery NOT the Willink School.
This is now fully booked so please do not call reception to try and book into it.
Further Flu Clinics will be announced in due course. We apologise for the inconvenience and worry this may be causing our patients but unfortunately we can not offer Flu Clinics until we have confirmation from our Suppliers confirming the delivery dates of the vaccinations.
The delay and unpredictability in delivery is due to a supply issue BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE SURGERY. We will arrange appointments as soon as we have a delivery confirmed. Dates of future clinics will be posted on our website and through Facebook AS SOON AS WE CAN ARRANGE THEM.
Please note that flu vaccinations are not available to be given at the Boathouse Surgery if you are attending for the Covid booster.
Likewise Covid boosters are not available to be given at the Willink School if you attend for your flu vaccination.
However they are perfectly safe for both to be given on the same day and/or the same weekend.
COVID BOOSTER CLINICS
Please be aware of the following
- Patients over 50 years of age and those under 50 with qualifying medical conditions who previously have had 2 vaccinations will shortly be invited for a booster jab
- They will not be invited until at least 6 months from their second vaccination date
- They may receive this invitation from NHS England and if they accept this invitation they can arrange their jab at a local centrally organised vaccination centre ( NOT including Pangbourne)
- If they choose not to accept the NHS England invite, patients will, in due course be contacted by Pangbourne to arrange their jab at The Boathouse Surgery
- These invites will be issued irrespective of where the primary immunisation course was carried out
- The Pangbourne clinics will all be at The Boathouse Surgery and NOT the Working Mens Club that was used previously
- The 15 minute observation time following the injection is still advised
- You must wait 4 weeks after having COVID symptoms or a positive test before having a booster
- You can now have a flu jab/COVID booster vaccine within 7 days of each other
- Care Home and housebound patients will be contacted directly by Mortimer Surgery to arrange their booster jab
- Please DO NOT CONTACT either Pangbourne or Mortimer surgery until you receive your invite
- All booster jabs will be the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine irrespective of the vaccine used for the primary course
- Any patient who has not has a primary course of vaccines and now wishes to have this must telephone 119 to arrange this. It cannot be offered at Pangbourne
All covid booster vaccinations are Pfizer as agreed by NHS England
NOTICE FOR PATIENTS BOOKING BLOOD TESTS
We have been informed by NHS England that there is a global shortage of products used for blood collection and blood tests
In order to preserve supplies for patients who need blood tests urgently we have been advised to reduce the number of non-clinically urgent tests as well as to delay routine tests where it is safe to do so
We will be reviewing all patients who currently have blood tests booked and some patients will have their tests delayed. This decision will be made by a clinician who will have access to their full notes
We will not be taking bookings for phlebotomy appointments for the near future unless these have been agreed by a doctor or nurse here at the practice
We appreciate the inconvenience this will cause and will update patients through our website as we know more
GPDRP Data Sharing Information - For the attention of all Patients
If you do not want your data to be shared with NHS Digital at all, even for just the purpose of NHS research and planning, you must complete a 'type 1 opt-out', link below and hand it into the surgery - this will then be actioned by the Surgery to update your records accordingly.
If you are happy for the NHS to use your data for research and planning, but do not want it shared with other third-party organisations, you need to do a 'type 2 opt-out' also known as 'national opt-out' via NHS Digital, not us - more info at National data opt-out - NHS Digital
Please click on the links below to give you all the relevant information regarding the opt out option along with the Type 1 Data opt out form.
GPDRP data sharing info.doc
Type 1 data opt out form.doc
Dispensary Opening Times
During the current Covid-19 Pandemic the Dispensary opening times are 09:30 to 12:00 & 14:00 to 18:00 - to be reviewed in August 2021
MORTIMER SURGERY: CHANGES IN SERVICES DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
Please click on link below to view how Mortimer Surgery are changing their access and services during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Mortimer Surgery Newsletter for patients 22062021.docx
Covid-19 Domestic Abuse - West Berkshire Support and Guidance - click below
Domestic Abuse Flyer Covid (1).pdf
Mental Wellbeing for Youth Resources - click below
Mental Wellbeing Youth.pdf
IMPORTANT - PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY WITHOUT SPEAKING TO A STAFF MEMBER VIA THE TELEPHONE - 0118 933 2436 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a medication query, please email email@example.com.
ALL APPOINTMENTS WILL BE A TELEPHONE CALL FROM A DOCTOR. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY
FACE SHIELDING - FOR THE ATTENTION OF ALL PATIENTS ATTENDING THE SURGERY FOR A BOOKED FACE TO FACE APPOINTMENT. CAN WE PLEASE ASK THAT YOU EITHER WEAR A MASK OR SOME KIND OF FACE COVERING (I.E. SCARF) TO HELP PROTECT BOTH YOURSELF AND THE GP/NURSE YOU ARE SEEING.
Sending of Medical Photos into the Surgery
If you have been asked by your GP to send in photos can you please send them to the following email address stating which GP requested them:
Mortimer Pharmacy will be closing everyday between the hours of 1.30pm & 3.00pm and 6.30pm & 7.30pm to replenish stocks and prepare prescriptions.
FOR FURTHER LOCAL AND NATIONAL INFORMATION ON COVID-19 PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW
Information remains subject to regular change and updates.
Serving Members & Ex Members of our Armed Forces/War Veterans - If you are a current or ex member of our Armed Forces; please let the Surgery know, to ensure you receive the service/care available to you.
The Mortimer Surgery Website
The Mortimer Surgery doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surger, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
All results are seen and reviewed by the requesting GP (or in the case of absence/holidays by a nominated covering GP).
If any direct action needs to be taken because of these results, you will be contacted by the surgery.
If patients would like to check their results are back they are invited to phone the surgery between 2pm - 3pm Monday to Friday (please allow 5 working days from date of test).
Berkshire West Primary Care Strategy
Please see the link below for information
(Site updated 14/10/2021)