Mortimer Surgery Notices August 2022
- COVID Precautions- Face masks are still recommended to be worn in health care settings - we would ask that patients comply with this wherever possible.
- TREATMENT ROOM SERVICE
There is now increased provision for Nurse appointments and we are hoping that this will continue to increase and stabilise over the next few months.
Some services continue to be suspended and other services will be careful triaged according to clinical need. We continue to provide a limited phlebotomy service and appointments for this will be prioritised to those who are frail or unable to travel to Thatcham hospital.
Our receptionists and admin staff together with the GP’s are working hard to provide a continuing service which already has large demands placed on it and we would be grateful for patients understanding and cooperation.
- Blood Test Appointments - Due to staff shortages we can not accommodate all patients requests for blood test appointments. Priority will be given to patients with significant health or mobility problems and the frail elderly. We will always try to accommodate appropriate and urgent requests but please be aware that you may be asked to use WBCH or RBH phlebotomy services.
- Zero Tolerance Policy There has been an increase in rude and abusive behaviour by some patients. Patients who demonstrate inappropriate behaviour will be asked to leave the premises.
- Sending of Medical Photos into the Surgery If you have been asked by your GP to send in photos by email can you please send them to the following email address stating which GP requested them email@example.com. This address can also be used for administrative queries
- Covid Vaccinations – if you need to book or enquire about a covid vaccination please phone 119 or go to nhs.uk/coronavirus
- Dispensary opening times are currently 9-12am and 2-6pm
Mental Wellbeing - for help and information please see Mental Wellbeing Youth.pdf and CCGmentalwellbeing resource.pdf
- Domestic Abuse- for help and information Domestic Abuse Flyer Covid (1).pdf
- Serving Members & Ex Members of our Armed Forces/War Veterans - If you are a current or ex member of our Armed Forces; please let the Surgery know, to ensure you receive the service/care available to you.
(Site updated 09/08/2022)